Voter Id Registration process: Dear Indian Citizens, today we came to you to share some important facts about the procedure to register Vote in our Country. Everybody knows in our democratic country we only have the right to choose our capable ruling leader. For this process of electing leader, our constitution gives us one important thing which shows our Right to electing our leader that is Vote. So, every citizen of India must have Voter card to elect their leaders. To register your vote is mandatory now because Voting is your legal right. So, What to do to register a vote? everybody has the same questions who don’t have the Voter card till now. So we have provided the simple steps to Register the new Voter Card in Our Country to elect leaders. Without any late gets enter into the procedure to Register the new Voter ID Card.
How to register to vote in India by Simple steps
Nowadays Everything becomes easy by the online facility, So we can register our Voter card also online by following a few simple steps. The Election Commission of India offers online voter registration process for Indian citizens who have reached the age of 18 and majored by the date 1st January of the year in the electoral roll. So, every Indian citizen who have equal or above the 18 years age can go this complete article to get the process of registering their Voter Id. We have provided a detailed process to register a vote in this article.
Procedure for Registering Voter Id
Eligibility for Registering New Voter Card:
- You have to be an Indian Citizen
- You have to attain the age of 18 years about to 1st January of the year as per revise of electoral roll.
- Citizen has an ordinary resident of the polling area of the constituency.
Documents required for Voter Id Registration:
Every Indian Citizen have to produce valid any Government Id proof, any of which mentioned below
- Driving License
- Pan Card
- Student Identification Card (School/College)
- Passport size photos
Address Proof of Citizen:
Every Indian Citizen needs to submit his/her proof of residence where he/she living. Citizens have to live for a minimum of 6 months at that place to give that place as Adrees proof. The documents which can be showed as an address proof as mentioned below
- Bank / Post Office current Pass Book
- Ration Card
- Driving License
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Latest rental agreement
- Any latest Bills like – Water / Telephone / Electricity / Gas Connection Bill on that address
- Any post/mail delivered through Indian Postal Department in the applicant’s name at that ordinary address.
The above mentioned documents are needed to be in the applicant name or any family member’s name then it is necessary to prove the relationship of your family member by producing a birth certificate to prove your parent’s relation with you. In the case of Address is in the name of spouse then you have to produce a marriage certificate. For the rental houses, citizens have to produce a certificate with your landlord’s name and he or she has to sign an affidavit mentioning that you are staying at the mentioned address.
Age Proof of Citizens:
If your age is in between the 18 – 22, then you need to submit the age verification document. The Age verification documents are mentioned below,
- Birth certificate issued by Municipal Authority/DO of the Registrar of Births and Deaths / Baptism certificate
- Birth certificate from the school (Govt. / Recognised)/ any other recognized educational institution.
- The class 10 mark sheet, if it contains the full date of birth.
- The Marksheet of class 8 or class 5 if it contains the full date of birth.
- Aadhar card
- PAN card
- Driving License
Steps to register Voter Id in Offline
- The Indian Citizen can apply new Voter Id by the offline method also by just filling the Form 6.
- This Form 6 is available in offices of Electoral Registration Officers / Assistant Electoral Registration Officers and Booth Level Officers for free of cost.
- This Form 6 is a form required to enroll a new voter and to get a new voter ID.
- Any Indian Citizen who has attained the age 18 on 1st January of the year with reference to revised Electoral Roll can fill the form.
- After that, the filled Form 6 has to submit to the Electoral Registration Officer (ERO) of the Assembly Constituency.
- These are simple steps to register Voter Id through offline mode.
Steps to register Voter Id in Online
- First, go to the National Voters’ Service Portal i.e. www.nvsp.in
- After that Click on ‘Apply Online For Registration of New Voter’ link.
- Thereafter, A new window will open containing Form-6.
- Therefore Fill up the complete form and click on submit button.
- Check your status if you register or not by visiting electoralsearch.in.
- If your name appears in the list, you are eligible to vote.
That’s it, your Vote registration process complete